Per Person Per NightSee Package Details
2 night’s luxurious accommodation in one of our boutique 1 bedroom vacation villas
Terms and Conditions
VACATION HOME RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AGREEMENT
The Vacation Homes are located in British Columbia.
Cobblestone Creek Cottage and Lodging Co. a division of Cobblestone Creek Developments Inc. is an incorporated company registered in the Province of Alberta and British Columbia, Canada. Clients applying to rent property are referred to as 'the Applicants' until such time as they take up residence when they are referred to as 'the Tenants'. Cobblestone Creek, 'the Agents', act as agents for the homeowners of each property.
2. Reservation Application
A chalet, townhouse, condo or listed vacation property is deemed to be 'reserved' once Cobblestone Creek receives a rental application and the application has been accepted by a representative of Cobblestone Creek. A deposit with a credit card number is then required to hold the rental period. A telephone call is made and or an email is sent back to the applicant to confirm the reservation.
If a booking is made 30 days or more (60 days for Christmas and the New Years’ season) before the tenancy is due to start, it must be accompanied by a deposit consisting of 30% of the reservation total. The balance of the amount owing, including the refundable damage deposit, will be charged to your credit card 30 days (60 days for Christmas and the New Years’ season) prior to your date of arrival. If a booking is made less than 30 days (60 days for Christmas and the New Years’ season) before arrival, the full rent, plus taxes and damage deposit, must be paid at the time of booking.
We allow 3 working days for any signed documentation to reach us by email or fax. If we have not received the signed documents and payment after this period, Cobblestone Creek will cancel your booking and apply a charge to your credit card equal to one-night accommodation at the property reserved, plus the taxes.
The damage deposit will be refunded after the guest “Tenant” departs from the Vacation Home and there are no damages present, missing items as per paragraph 11:4 or any violations as outlined in Schedule “A”.
In the event of a booking not being accepted by Cobblestone Creek, any deposits or fees paid will be refunded immediately.
3. Final Payment
Once the booking is received and accepted by Cobblestone Creek, the Applicants are liable for payment of the balance of rent, plus any additional charges, 30 days (60 days for Christmas and the New Years’ season) before the start of the tenancy. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and a cancellation charge will be payable as listed in paragraph 5.
Cobblestone Creek is not responsible for sending a reminder to the applicant, for the balance of the booking owed.
4. Changing a Booking
Once a booking has been accepted by Cobblestone Creek, the booking can only be changed to another vacation home, by treating the original booking as a cancellation (see section # 5). The dates may be changed providing the vacation home requested is available for the new dates, although we will make every attempt to accommodate the applicant. A $50.00 re-booking fee is due and payable.
When a deposit has been received, the booking is considered confirmed, and cancellation can only be made according to the terms below:
Cobblestone Creek’s 30-day cancellation policy (60 days for Christmas and the New Year season) is as follows.
Cancellations made with 30 days’ notice or more (60 days for Christmas and the New Year season), the deposit will be refunded less a $150.00 cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 30 days prior to your arrival (60 days for Christmas and New Year season) are non-refundable, however if the days of your original rental dates can be re-booked by another guest applicant, you will receive a refund for the days rented, less a cancellation fee of $150. If any part of the rental period cannot be rebooked, you will forfeit all monies paid for that period.
Cancellations made within 7 days prior to your arrival date, are completely non-refundable.
6. Change of Mind/Trip Cancellation – Travel Insurance
Purchasing a Travel Insurance/Trip interruption/Cancelation Policy through your credit card provider, your personal insurance agent or AMA/CAA is Highly Recommended, as you can be covered for a multitude of reasons if an emergency or unexpected event presents itself. Please contact your preferred provider today for further information.
7. Price Changes
Cobblestone Creek or its affiliates reserve the right to amend the prices quoted on our web site or third-party ads, due to errors or omissions.
8. Method of Payment
Deposits may be made with a Visa or MasterCard. Final payments can also be made by Visa or MasterCard. If a booking is made within 30 days (60 days for Christmas and the New Years’ season) of the arrival date, payment must be made with a credit card. Any charges Cobblestone Creek incurs by their bank for handling dishonored cheques will be passed on to the Applicants who are liable to reimburse Cobblestone Creek in respect of such charges within 7 days of receipt of notification.
9. Out of Country Bookings
Reservations made by applicants who reside outside of Canada, may pay by credit card only.
Bookings may not be accepted from:
a. Groups of single persons under the age of 25.
Cobblestone Creek reserves the right to make the final decision as to acceptance of the booking.
11. Tenants' Obligations
The Tenants agree:
- To care for the chalet or vacation home as if it was their own and to respect the wishes of their private owners with respect to the policies set forth for everyone’s future enjoyment. See Schedule “A” Vacation Property Rules and Bylaws.
- Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to neighbors in adjoining properties.
- To abide by the “quiet times” listed within each vacation home. (10 pm to 8 am)
- To pay for any losses or damages to the property, caused by the Tenant or a member of their party. These include but are not limited to carpet/floor stains, wall damage, window or window covering damage, permanent linen stains, appliance repairs due to in appropriate use or handling, dry cleaning costs associated with attempted stain removal, breakage or theft of properties items, or any other damage not disclosed upon departure. (Reasonable wear and tear excluded)
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy. A cleaning service is not provided during the tenancy unless previously specified.
- To pay for telephone, movie rental charges or internet charges (where applicable) in those properties that are equipped with such features, that are incurred during a tenancy.
- To permit Cobblestone Creek or its Agents reasonable access to the property.
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the booking form.
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description and included on the rental application.
- Ski/Snowboard equipment is to be kept in the designated storage lockers only. Absolutely no ski/snowboard equipment is permitted withing the vacation rental property.
- Renters are required to complete the check-out cleaning that is posted in every vacation rental property’s binder, and including:
- Washing and putting away all dishes
- Putting all used towels in the bathtub
- Leaving the vacation rental property organized and tidy
- Taking out all your garbage - a minimum fee of $50 ($25.00 per bag thereafter) will be charged against the renter's damage deposit if trash is left in the unit.
12. Check in and Out Times
Check in time can be as early as approximately 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm (depending on property) on the first day of the tenancy.
Check out time will be at 11:00 am on the day of departure. Departure times may be extended if requested in advance and Cobblestone Creek can accommodate the request. Written notice by Cobblestone Creek of the extended accommodation will only be acceptable. If the rental period goes beyond the check out time without prior written approval the Tenants will be liable for any cost ($100.00 per hour) of whatsoever nature incurred due to the unauthorized extension.
Cobblestone Creek will provide an arrival information package via email within (1) week prior to your arrival date. This email will contain location information on where your vacation home is, as well as the access codes to gain entry.
13. Non-availability of Property
If for any reason beyond the control of Cobblestone Creek, the property is not available on the date booked (owing to fire damage for example), or the property is unsuitable for reasonable tenancy, Cobblestone Creek will make every attempt to accommodate the applicant in a similar or better vacation home. If Cobblestone Creek is unable to accommodate the applicant, all rent and charges paid in advance by the Applicants will be refunded in full. The Applicants though, shall have no further claim against Cobblestone Creek or their Agents. This does not apply to power outages that may occur prior to a rental commencing where the electricity supplier is in the process of restoring power or has scheduled a restoration of power within 48 hours of the rental commencing. Cobblestone Creek is not responsible for Cable TV, Internet outages or non-functioning hot tub or pool amenities.
Cobblestone Creek and the owners of the property do not accept liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of anyone or anything not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Tenants or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the rental or license. In addition, Cobblestone Creek and the owners of the property accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Tenants' possessions within or on any adjacent land of any vacation property managed by Cobblestone Creek.
Any complaints must be directed to a Cobblestone Creek representative immediately (within 24 hours) so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances, will compensation be made for complaints raised after the tenancy has ended when the Tenant has denied Cobblestone Creek the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavoring to put matters right during the tenancy.
Certain vacation properties are prohibited to have pets on site, please inquire which properties these are.
Pets are only permitted with the prior written consent of Cobblestone Creek and where permitted are to be kept under control and exercised off the premises. Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture. Cobblestone Creek does not accept responsibility for any pet’s safety. A charge of $15 to $25 dollars per day for each pet allowed to stay with the tenant. The tenant will be financially responsible for any damages their pet may have caused, see Paragraph #11
17. No Smoking Policy
Smoking is not permitted in any of the vacation properties. Smoking is permitted on the exterior decks or yards of each property. Cigarette butts are not to be discarded onto the ground. Any property that has been smoked in will require a comprehensive special cleaning which will result in additional charges for the tenant. See paragraph # 11
Bed linens and bath towels are provided in all vacation properties. Cobblestone Creek does not provide daily housekeeping services during each tenancy, unless this has been previously arranged, only between tenancies once the vacation property has been vacated. Towels for hot tubs and pools are provided for in the vacation properties.
19. Peripheries Supplied by Cobblestone Creek
Kitchens are stocked in abundance with utensils, dishes, cups, small appliances, fridge, stove w/oven, dish washers, microwaves, salt, pepper, tin foil, stretch wrap, baggies, coffee filters, hand dish soap, dish washer soap, laundry soap, hand soap, all for your enjoyment.
Cobblestone Creek will also supply a selection of exclusive spa products to include: shampoo, conditioner, bar soap and body cream for our guest tenant’s enjoyment and convenience.
20. Breach of Contract
If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions by any of the Tenants, Cobblestone Creek reserves the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice.
21. Authority to Sign
The person who completes the Rental Agreement certifies that:
He or she is authorized to agree to the Terms and Conditions on behalf of all persons included
on the Rental Application, including those substituted at a later date.
The signatory is over twenty-five (25) years of age and a member of the party intending to occupy
He or she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
In case of a discrepancy between these booking conditions and the other contents of Cobblestone Creek’s Web site, these conditions shall prevail.
23. Falsified Reservations
Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, the party will not be permitted to check in and or the party will be evicted from the vacation property.
Vehicles are to be parked in the designated parking driveway or spot only. Parking on the road is not permitted whatsoever! Parking is not permitted in front of any neighboring homes. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
25. Hot Tubs (if the home is equipped with one)
Children 12 or under are not permitted in hot tub, if unattended by an adult. When using the hot tub, remember there is certain health risk associated with this feature. Use of the hot tubs and pools are completely at your own risk. Our staff drains, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs; therefore, the water may not be warm till later that evening. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support persons. DO NOT STAND ON OR SIT ON THE HOT TUB COVERS, they will break and you will be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave the cover closed so the hot tub will stay warm.
Please remember to shower prior to hot tub use, following the care and use directions and when not using the hot tub, leave the cover on to avoid energy loss. Please also ensure the hot tub jets are turned off when the hot tub is not in use.
The tenants agree not to disparage or defame Cobblestone Creek or its employees. Disparage being a material term of this agreement.
26. Validity Clause
If any term or provision in these Booking Conditions shall in whole or in part be held to any extent to be illegal or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law that term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of this agreement and the enforceability of the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected.
SCHEDULE “A” Vacation Property Rules and Bylaws
Here is some important information to be aware of during your stay.
- The hours from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am are designated quiet hours. Occupants are required to be considerate of the comfort and convenience of their neighbors at all times, especially during these specific time periods. You will lose your damage deposit if there is a noise complaint after 10:00 pm.
- Please ensure that the outside lights are turned off if you are not using that area.
- Hot tub instructions, included in the guest welcome binder, must be followed. Any damage to the hot tub due to improper use could result in the damage deposit being withheld.
- Occupants need to keep the property lot neat and clean. They cannot deposit or store household garbage within or around the exterior of the property, due to wildlife activity.
- Please do not throw cigarette butts off the outside decks onto the exterior grounds.
- No open fires are allowed.
- No fireworks are permitted in or around the resort boundary.
- Parking is allowed in the designated stalls only. Parking is not allowed on the roadways whatsoever!
- If a noise or obnoxious behavior complaint is received by Cobblestone Creek during your stay, the occupants may be evicted from the home with no reimbursement for un-used night’s stay, you may be further fined and or lose your damage deposit for violation of these rules and homeowner Association bylaws. Unfortunately, we do have a ZERO tolerance for violation of these rules.